Register                
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell + Lennox > Nest 3rd gen

User Info Menu

Ok, I got it: the u1 wire on the Honeywell VisionPro 8000 is connected to an Honeywell Economizer Automatic Round Damper (EARD). It is basically ventilation to our home. The Honeywell t-stat works with the Ashrae 62.2 ventilation regulation, so the u1 wire (which is a relay) opens and closes this damper to make get fresh air from outside. I am still trying ti figure it out how to connect Nest t-stat to this ventilation system. Any ideas? Thank you.

User Info Menu

Anyone figure this out?

User Info Menu

I too am trying to figure this out. I have two thermostats, one with normal wiring and one with two U1 wires. Anyone get this to work?

User Info Menu

I have a Lenox control board for the electronic dampers. Nest will not work with Lenox boards.

User Info Menu

did anybody figure out the U1 issue? help help
    help!!!

User Info Menu

Any Updates on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by myrtillerose View Post
    Although I can see a humidity reading, I cannot control it.. so I can only assume that I do not have a humidifier/dehumidifier and those wires must be for a stage of cooling or heating (as the terminal guide and you said). I spoke to Nest support today and, in light of this, they recommended simply disconnecting the U1 wires and taping them. Seems a little strange to me to just disconnect wires without knowing exactly what they do, don't you think? I set up a free "orientation" with the company that installed the HVAC so hopefully they'll be able to give me some insight.

If anyone has any other thoughts, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!
    Anything after the HVAC orientation ?