Thread: Thermostat Calibration XL824

User Info Menu

Thermostat Calibration XL824

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trane XL824.jpg 
Views:	2043 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	1432

I had an Trane XL824 installed last week. One item (not in the manual) that I do not understand. At 'Settings' > 'Thermostat' > 'Indoor Calibrations' there are two settings I can adjust; 'Indoor temp' and 'Humidity'. What are these settings, and how do they work?

Thanks for your help.

Update amazon now offers a free smart home consultation

Administrator

User Info Menu

'Settings' > 'Thermostat' > 'Indoor Calibrations' settings are use to calibrate the space temperature or space humidity thermostat readings if there are not reading what the actual space temperature or humidity is. You will need to use a separate temperature or humidity sensor that you know is correct in order to verify if the the XL824 is reading correctly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    'Settings' > 'Thermostat' > 'Indoor Calibrations' settings are use to calibrate the space temperature or space humidity thermostat readings if there are not reading what the actual space temperature or humidity is. You will need to use a separate temperature or humidity sensor that you know is correct in order to verify if the the XL824 is reading correctly.
    OK, thanks. So if set to -1, that means the thermostat is reading too high; 76 degrees when the room temp is actually 75 degrees?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rmgood View Post
    OK, thanks. So if set to -1, that means the thermostat is reading too high; 76 degrees when the room temp is actually 75 degrees?
    Correct

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    Correct
    I have the same Trane XL824 thermostat installed this spring with a new HVAC system. I am just starting the heating season and noticed that the thermostat is reading 4 degrees warmer than my other thermometers. I adjusted the bias in the settings menu to -4 and that works. I just wondered if a 4 degree difference was normal or do I have a defective stat? Thanx!