Register  

Thread: ecobee shows running heater and fan while neither are running

User Info Menu

ecobee shows running heater and fan while neither are running

Please please help me. I have been trying to contact ecobee customer support at 1.877.932.6233 since yesterday, and spend 8-9 hours so far waiting on the phone, but every time after 45 -120 mins, I got disconnected. No response to emails either!

I originally had this with my old thermostat:

Red: Furnace R => Thermostat Rc+Rh (via jumper)
    White: Furnace W => Thermostat W
    Blue: Furnace G => Thermostat G

There were no C-wire. I had to connect that to Furnace with a yellow wire that was not being used. Then I installed ecobee with the following connections, but the even ecobee is showing it is running both heat and fan to reach from 64F to 70F, I the furnace is not actually running and the temperature is dropping.

Red: Furnace R => ecobee Rh
    White: Furnace W => ecobee W1
    Blue: Furnace G => ecobee G
    Yellow: Furnace Com => ecobee C

If I reconnect the Red wire to ecobee Rc pin, iit shows it is running both heat and air to reach from 64F to 70F, although in reality it is only running cold air (i.e. fan works, but not heat):

Red: Furnace R => ecobee Rc
    White: Furnace W => ecobee W1
    Blue: Furnace G => ecobee G
    Yellow: Furnace Com => ecobee C

Any idea what could fix this? Thanks a lot!

Administrator

User Info Menu

To test if the ecobee has a issue you could remove the R, W and G wires from the ecobee and join them together. The heat and fan should run when you join these wire together. Make sure that the R, G and W wires do not touch the C wire. It would be a good idea to turn the power off to the HVAC system when you join the wires together.