Register                
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell Lyric T5 with G2 and G3 terminal

User Info Menu

Hello,

I have the same Thermostat as you, with the same wiring. I also live in a condo in toronto. Were you able to set up and get the Ecobee working with G1, G2, G3... Low, Med, AUTO, fan options? I was live chatting with an Ecobee rep today. And they said it couldn't be done. I also talked with a Nest rep, who said there product would work with Pro installation... Ugg..

Let me know how it all worked out for you,

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pr4sanna View Post
    Thanks so much for your help guys.

I setup the Ecobee last night and everything went (mostly) well. The only issue was that my Y wire (for cooling, I believe) was not showing up as connected on the Ecobee, even though connected. This Y wire was also connected on my old thermostat. The heating is working perfectly fine.

The Fan Coil unit in my apartment is not a Whalen, but this: https://engineered-comfort.com/produ...del-series-39l (Model E39 LZE). I rent in a condo that had people moving in only in December 2016, and I suspect they switch between heating and cooling depending on time of the year ( I live in Canada), so one possibility is that the cooling hasn't been centrally switched on at all.

What I'm confused about is this - is my reasoning for the Y wire issue correct or is there something wrong with the Y wire? (which means the fan coil unit has to be opened). Is it a normal practice to centrally control it this way, or is my assumption completely illogical?

User Info Menu

For Nest they always recommend a professional coming to do the installation if it is anything other than simple heat/cool.

Here are the "pro" instructions for the Gen 3 to handle 3 speed fan connections. Won't work with Nest E.
    https://nest.com/support/pro/article...iple-fan-wires