Register  

Thread: Trying to delete schedule

User Info Menu

Trying to delete schedule

After replacing the batteries in my TCONT802AS32DAA thermostat unit, it seems to have mysteriously acquired a schedule.

I've tried reading the users guide, but I can't figure out how to delete the schedule.

Here's what I've tried:
    + press SCHED
    + press EDIT
    + select all 7 days, so that each day 'box' has a check mark
    + select WAKE so that it flashes
    + I see no CANCEL SCHED button in the center of the screen (there is a CANCEL button in the lower right which cancels the EDIT operation), so I assume that there are no WAKE schedules
    + select LEAVE
    + I see no CANCEL SCHED button in the center of the screen, so I assume that there are no LEAVE schedules
    + select RETURN
    + there is no CANCEL button
    + select SLEEP
    + there is no CANCEL button

The main/home screen still says "Following schedule", but I can't find the schedule so that I can cancel it.

Can anyone provide clues as to how to cancel the schedule?

Thanks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I do not have a TCONT802AS32DAA to test but was thinking that you could just add a schedule for each day that has a leave and return period for 15 minutes

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    I do not have a TCONT802AS32DAA to test but was thinking that you could just add a schedule for each day that has a leave and return period for 15 minutes
    Thanks very much for the reply.

I'm curious: Why 15 minutes, as opposed to a shorter interval?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Just to prevent any possible short cycling. You could go lower but I would suguest not to go any shorter than 5 minutes