Register                

Thread: Thermostat Y1, Y2 and G

User Info Menu

Thermostat Y1, Y2 and G

I'm planning on upgrading our split A/C compressor with a 2-stage unit. Our blower only has a single A/C fan and a connection for Y. Our Nest thermostat supports Y1 and Y2 for cooling and G for fan. I believe that when the thermostat activates the Y1 A/C it also activates the G fan. I need to confirm that when the thermostat senses Y2 second stage cooling, it also activates G fan. If that's the case, I can run Y1 and Y2 to the compressor and G to the blower.
    Thank you.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Nest should never energize Y2 unless Y1 is energized so when Y2 is energize G will also be energized.

User Info Menu

To clarify, the two-stage A/C compressor will run in stage 1 if Y1 is connected and stage 2 if both Y1 and Y2 are connected? With a single fan air-handler, G will activate the inside fan in both modes (because Y1 connects G) and Y1/Y2 will control the compressor. Correct?
    Thank you

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dmac001 View Post
    To clarify, the two-stage A/C compressor will run in stage 1 if Y1 is connected and stage 2 if both Y1 and Y2 are connected? With a single fan air-handler, G will activate the inside fan in both modes (because Y1 connects G) and Y1/Y2 will control the compressor. Correct?
    Thank you
    Correct