Register                

Thread: Thermostats on a master/slave configuration - recommendations?

User Info Menu

Thermostats on a master/slave configuration - recommendations?

Hello,

I wanted to replace two mercury rounded Honeywell thermostats (Q539A1014) with a digital thermostat also from Honeywell (RTH6350D1000A), in a dual-zone house I just moved in, with this setup:
    - Air Conditioner: Payne PA13NR04800G
    - Gas Furnace: York
    - Dual Zone module from Ultra-Zone (have no idea how that works, first time I live in a dual-zone home)

The wiring of the RTH6350D1000A is not a direct match of the rounded thermostat I had and when I turned the new one (installed as master), only the fan was working - no cooling. A similar one was installed on the 2nd floor and it works fine (wires R, Y, W).

I ended up buying two LUX 9600TS and the installation of the master unit worked like a charm and we are really happy with it and the support provided by Lux. The problem happened when I installed the other Lux upstairs - when I turned on the breaker for the furnace, a weird clicking sound came out of it and I turned the breaker off. Lux called me today saying that they don't build slave thermostats.

I can live with different brands of thermostats (Honeywell upstairs and Lux downstairs), but wife can't , and I would like to ask this forum for recommendations about thermostats that can:
    - work with a wiring configuration of R, G, B, Y, W, O (master) and R, W, Y (slave)
    - large display
    - touch screen

Thanks!

Administrator

User Info Menu

What is the manufactures name and model number of the zone control board that you have?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    What is the manufactures name and model number of the zone control board that you have?
    Manufacturer: Ultra Zone
    Model: EWC-ST-2E

Administrator

User Info Menu

Have you tried to contact EWC at 800-446-3110? The issue is with the master and the O and B terminals. The B terminal need 24vac in the heating mode and the O terminal needs 24vac in the cooling mode.

User Info Menu

why do u buy gas furnace? there are many other instruments to buy