Register                

Thread: Help needed, setting up my Honeywell Lyric T5 to Goodman - Pics attached

User Info Menu

Question Help needed, setting up my Honeywell Lyric T5 to Goodman - Pics attached

Hello,

House was built in 2014, previously had a honeywell 7 day programmable thermostat hooked up and I took that off and now installed a T5 (did not take a photo of the old existing wires). I have installed the T5 but it does not run properly. The AC runs but it only blow warm/room temperature air. No cold air is being blown out.

I have the Goodman controller, lyric t5 thermostat, a Amana HAC ASZ14 heat pump.

I have attached several photos. In the photos:

1. is the orange/black/grey wire even connected to anything in the goodman?
    2. in the lyric wiring, i switched white and orange, still same results, no cold air being blown...

Any assistance with how to wire the Lyric T5 properly would be very very helpful...

Thank you in advance!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	1631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	1632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	1633   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	1634  

Administrator

User Info Menu

Do you have a heat pump? If you have a heat pump have you tried the orange wire in the O/B terminal on the T5 and setting up the T5 as a heat pump?

User Info Menu

Got help in another forum.... its a Goodman furnace.

That's a problem..... the T5 is not a dual fuel compatible thermostat.

Currently only the Lyric Round and the Lyric T6 Pro (TH6320WF2003) thermostats are compatible with most dual fuel heating systems. These are heating systems that combine a heat pump with a gas furnace.