Register                

Thread: Ecobee 4 with ApriAir 500 - Wiring Question

User Info Menu

Ecobee 4 with ApriAir 500 - Wiring Question

Hi All,

I may be overcomplicating this, but I understand the wiring diagram for the 1 wire system to connect my Ecobee4 to my AprilAir 500 Humidifier. I have a spare wire that already runs to the furnace board. All I need to do is splice additional t-stat wire to this free "blue" wire, then connect the other end to 1 of the yellow solenoid valve wires. The other yellow solenoid valve wire I connect to the C terminal of my board.

Can I use this same strand of wire that I'm running from the free wire, near the furnace board, up to the solenoid valve wire...............for both connections? If that makes sense? Meaning, do I need to run a separate t-stat wire (there are 2 wires in the stand). I would think it would be overkill to run another back to the furnace board............since I'll already have a free wire from the connection I'm making.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gibbywmu View Post
    I may be overcomplicating this, but I understand the wiring diagram for the 1 wire system to connect my Ecobee4 to my AprilAir 500 Humidifier. I have a spare wire that already runs to the furnace board. All I need to do is splice additional t-stat wire to this free "blue" wire, then connect the other end to 1 of the yellow solenoid valve wires. The other yellow solenoid valve wire I connect to the C terminal of my board.
    You are correct

Quote Originally Posted by gibbywmu View Post
    Can I use this same strand of wire that I'm running from the free wire, near the furnace board, up to the solenoid valve wire...............for both connections? If that makes sense? Meaning, do I need to run a separate t-stat wire (there are 2 wires in the stand). I would think it would be overkill to run another back to the furnace board............since I'll already have a free wire from the connection I'm making.
    Yes you can. One wire will connect to the spare blue wire and to one of the solenoid yellow wires. The other wire will connect to one of the solenoid yellow wires and to the C terminal.