Register                

Thread: Fan Will Not Turn Off

User Info Menu

Fan Will Not Turn Off

Hi. We just moved in to a new home with a Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat. The thermostat works fine in the sense that it heats to the programmed temp based on the schedule, and holds that temperature, however, the fan remains on all day. While not causing an issue, it seems rather wasteful, and I am concerned about my electric bill running this fan constantly. The fan is set to auto, however the only way to turn it off is to turn off the thermostat it seems. At night, I set the temperature, according to the schedule to a lower temp, and it does eventually turn off late at night, and then about an hour before the morning schedule kicks in the fan starts, along with the heating schedule for the day.

Any thoughts? Is it normal for Honeywell to keep this fan going all the time to circulate the air? I cannot find anything in the settings to control this.

Thanks

Administrator

User Info Menu

It is not normal for the thermostat to call for the fan to run all the time unless the fan mode is set to on. Have you tried to cycle through the different fan modes to insure that the thermostat is not in the circulate mode? As a test you could disconnect the fan G wire at the thermostat to test and see if the fan continues to run.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    It is not normal for the thermostat to call for the fan to run all the time unless the fan mode is set to on. Have you tried to cycle through the different fan modes to insure that the thermostat is not in the circulate mode? As a test you could disconnect the fan G wire at the thermostat to test and see if the fan continues to run.
    Yes, the fan is set to auto, I have double checked this a few times. What is interesting is that during the night, when the schedule uses a reduced temperature, the fan does turn off, and the few times the heat comes on during the night, the fan starts/stops appropriately. It is just during the day where it stays on. I also note that while it is at temp right now, the fan is on of course, but it also says 'Heat On' and has been like this for five hours now.
    See the attached image.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t6pro.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	1652  

User Info Menu

Just spoke with a Honeywell support tech. He stated the system is operating normally. He noted the thermostat uses a 1 degree(f) differential, so will continue heating until +0.4 degrees of setpoint and will kick in once it drops to -0.4 degrees of setpoint. He said that it is simply cold out and it needs to remain on to maintain the temperature within the differential band.