Register                
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which thermostat will work with your system?

User Info Menu

Thank you! In all my internet searching I did not see that post before. Much appreciated!

Update amazon now offers a free smart home consultation

User Info Menu

Hi,
    I am trying to replace my Honeywell thermostat with one that will control my Honeywell flow-through humidifier HE260A model and my furnace and air. I would prefer that it is not RedLink or Wi-Fi but if I had to would choose Redlink over Wi-Fi as I turn my Wi-Fi off at night. I know I may have to run a couple more wires over. The current thermostat is from 1967 most likely or close to it. It's hooked up like this. Hooked to Y, W, R, and G and a jumper going from Y to 1.

My humidifier is currently powered by the furnace. I have a Bryant furnace mode 1299X95481 and Bryant A/C model 561CJ030-D. Thanks.
    Last edited by captionerlady; 06-20-2016 at 08:20 PM.

User Info Menu

System : Brivis Wombat 20 XA
    Old Thermostat : Honeywell T860
    New Thermostat : Braeburn 2000NC

See my other post for details
    http://www.thermostatforums.com/show...new-thermostat

User Info Menu

I have a Heat Pump with built in electric heat as a auxiliary/backup/emergency heat. I also have a natural gas fireplace. I would like one thermostat that I can use to control both. This is what I know so far.

Nest Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation, Works with Amazon Alexa

Current Thermostat: Honeywell th8320u1008
    Current HeatPump: Goodman, unknown exact model. It has an outdoor coil with indoor air handler model #: aruf303016ba
    Current Fireplace: Monessen Hearth BDV400 with optional wall switch.

Monessen Hearth fire place BDV400 wiring diagram

Honeywell thermostat  th8320u1008 picture of backplate

User Info Menu

I have a Bryant "the plus 90i model 355mav" furnace and "the two speed Puron plus model 598B" and a bryant programible thermidistat control thermostat. I would like to install an ecobee4 but am not sure about the compatibility as I think it is a variable motor. I have the manuals but they are for like every possible set up and I don't know much about HVAC so don't really understand what I am looking for to see if it will work with the ecobee or if bryant is proprietary since it has S1 and S2 wires that are used for outdoor temperature.

old tsat: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ak...jKfssN3q7kI7XQ
    brand/model of air cond/furnace: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xc...WXHMqKE7__B-LA

Thanks

User Info Menu

Looking for recommendations on which thermostats would work and any pros/cons of using particular thermostats with my current setup.

System:
    AC - York YCJF48S41S2
    Furnace - York TM9E100C20MP11
    Redlink Controller and Honeywell Humidifier - Do not have model #'s, but can get if necessary

Current Thermostat:
    Honeywell TH8321R1001 VisionPro 8000 with RedLINK

Thermostat Options:
    I have a Nest Gen 2 thermostat as well as a Honeywell TH8320WF1003 Wifi enabled thermostat. Ideally I'd like to install one of these so I can have remote access (as opposed to buying the RedLINK gateway).

I have a few questions:

1. Is the Honeywell WIFI tstat that I have compatible with RedLINK directly if I just swap it for the VisionPRO?
    2. If not, what are the advantages/disadvantages to removing the RedLINK controller and rewiring using either the NEST or Honeywell WIFI?

Thanks for any info. Please let me know what else I need to provide to help you experts answer my ?