Register                

Thread: So far I am very happy...!

User Info Menu

So far I am very happy...!

So I have had the iComfort for several months and it has functioned well in both modes (heating and cooling). I have to say I am happier with it then I was with the Nest V2.

I feel the iComfort keeps the house at a more even temperature. I assume the iComfort has a tighter maintenance band because it is promoting comfort as well as savings where as Nest is all about saving energy.

There have been a few times I wish I could adjust the presets remotely as the iComfort only allows you to switch between presets or change the current settings, not change the presets permanently.

The WiFi/ remote connections have been rock solid (except on one occasion - for an hour or so) unlike my experience with the Nest.

I have the iComfort set so it won't automatically apply any updates (unlike the Nests only setting - here's the update whether you like it or not and if it takes out your thermostat at the wrong time - oh well!) so I feel confident I won't come home to frozen pipes because of a an update gone bad.
    Last edited by NedFlanders; 07-20-2014 at 11:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Thanks for sharing your experience and its good that your problem has been solved.

User Info Menu