Register                
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Replacing 1F80-24 with 1F80-0224

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    User Info Menu

    Replacing 1F80-24 with 1F80-0224

    I have a question regarding upgrading my current thermostat in my house. My current model is a 1F80-24 and I want to replace it with a 1F80-0224 White Rodgers model. However, I have an issue regarding wiring inside:

    In the 1F80-24 model with a heat/cool, 4-wire, single transformer system configuration, there is a wire coming from the 24V AC connecting to the RH terminal. This terminal is connected with a jumper wire to the RC terminal. However in the new 1F80-0224 termostat, they seem to have gotten rid of the RH and RC terminals completely and have an R and C terminals instead. I see that the 24V is connected into the R directly and that is it. Would this wire be equivalent to the 24V connecting into my RH before?

    Also for the cooling system into Y, the fan relay into G, and the heating system into W, is the cooling system the same as the compressor contactor?

    And what would I have to do about the changover relay?

    Here are the links to the PDF for the
    1F80-24 http://www.emersonclimate.com/Documents/White-Rodgers/instruction_sheets/0037-5287rev_E.pdf
    Figure 7




    1F80-0224 http://www.emersonclimate.com/Documents/White-Rodgers/instruction_sheets/0037-7014.pdf
    Figure 2

  2. #2
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by albui View Post
    I have a question regarding upgrading my current thermostat in my house. My current model is a 1F80-24 and I want to replace it with a 1F80-0224 White Rodgers model. However, I have an issue regarding wiring inside:

    In the 1F80-24 model with a heat/cool, 4-wire, single transformer system configuration, there is a wire coming from the 24V AC connecting to the RH terminal. This terminal is connected with a jumper wire to the RC terminal. However in the new 1F80-0224 termostat, they seem to have gotten rid of the RH and RC terminals completely and have an R and C terminals instead. I see that the 24V is connected into the R directly and that is it. Would this wire be equivalent to the 24V connecting into my RH before?
    Yes. Just connect the wire that was connected to the RH on the 1F80-24 to the R terminal on the 1F80-0224.





    Quote Originally Posted by albui View Post
    Also for the cooling system into Y, the fan relay into G, and the heating system into W, is the cooling system the same as the compressor contactor?
    Yes





    Quote Originally Posted by albui View Post
    And what would I have to do about the changover relay?
    Do you have a heat pump? Was there a wire connected to the O or B terminal on the 1F80-24?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •