Register                

Thread: ecobee integrates with IFTTT for a more connected home

User Info Menu

ecobee integrates with IFTTT for a more connected home

Today ecobee announced the launch of the ecobee channel on IFTTT.com. With IFTTT you can you can start connecting your favorite web services to your ecobee thermostat – no programming required. Two of the ecobee showcase recipes on IFTTT use cell phone geolocation. One of geolocation recipes is "When I get to the office, set the thermostat to Away" the other is "When I leave the office, set the thermostat to Home. Setup is easy: set up a account on IFTTT.com, link your ecobee account to IFTTT, download the geolocation app, select a location on the app map where you want the recipe to make a change to the ecobee thermostat.

Some of the other interesting ecobee recipes on IFTTT.com are:
    "Tell me when someone changes the temperature"
    "Send SMS if motion is detected on ecobee"
    "Set Ecobee to away if last family member leaves home"

User Info Menu

Oh,it has been a long time since ecobee integrates with IFTTT

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat News View Post
    Today ecobee announced the launch of the ecobee channel on IFTTT.com. With IFTTT you can you can start connecting your favorite web services to your ecobee thermostat – no programming required. Two of the ecobee showcase recipes on IFTTT use cell phone geolocation. One of geolocation recipes is "When I get to the office, set the thermostat to Away" the other is "When I leave the office, set the thermostat to Home. Setup is easy: set up a account on IFTTT.com, link your ecobee account to IFTTT, download the geolocation app, select a location on the app map where you want the recipe to make a change to the ecobee thermostat.

Some of the other interesting ecobee recipes on IFTTT.com are:
    "Tell me when someone changes the temperature"
    "Send SMS if motion is detected on ecobee"
    "Set Ecobee to away if last family member leaves home"

https://www.ecobee.com/2015/03/ecobee-smart-thermostat-ifttt-connected-home/

When will it support HomeKit?
    Last edited by Shoody59; 02-19-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The second generation Ecobee3 is Apple home kit enabled. If your ecobee3 is Apple home kit enabled it will have one of these part numbers (EB-STATe3-02 or EB-STATe3c-02) in the lower left corner on the back of Ecobee3.