Register                
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell RTH8580WF Wifi Setup Issue

User Info Menu

Perfect - YOU solved my problem! Thanks

This was EXACTLY the solution to my problem as well. Thanks SO much! I thought I was going to have to send it in as a defective unit.
    Justinsg

Quote Originally Posted by bcwates View Post
    Ok. So after I've come to the realization that this unit is possibly deffective, I decided to take it apart and verify everything was present and in place.

I took the face plate off and then removed the touch screen/main module to reveal the Wifi Module behind it. Once I verified it was there, I put the touch screen/main module back in place. After pushing it into the frame it clicks into place but I notice there is still a little wiggle room between it and the Wifi Module.

Wi-Fi 7 Day Smart Programmable Touchscreen Thermostat, Works with Amazon Alexa, SmartThings, Google Home, IFTTT

So I replace the face plate and turn the thermostat over to access the Wifi Module cover. I take it off and give it a gentle push. I then notice it snaps into place to come in full contact with the main module. I put it back together and install the thermostat to the base plate on the wall.

After going through the main setup of the date and time, the information bar up top read "Wifi Setup". It's the coveted readout I've been looking for this whole time!

So in the end, the thermostat was under the assumption it wasn't a Wifi capable unit due to the Wifi module not being aligned properly. I am happy that it was something so simple and I hope that anyone else who has this issue is able to find my simple solution.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bcwates View Post
    So I replace the face plate and turn the thermostat over to access the Wifi Module cover. I take it off and give it a gentle push. I then notice it snaps into place to come in full contact with the main module. I put it back together and install the thermostat to the base plate on the wall.

After going through the main setup of the date and time, the information bar up top read "Wifi Setup". It's the coveted readout I've been looking for this whole time!

So in the end, the thermostat was under the assumption it wasn't a Wifi capable unit due to the Wifi module not being aligned properly. I am happy that it was something so simple and I hope that anyone else who has this issue is able to find my simple solution.
    Huge thanks for your post! After relocating my existing RTH8580WF which had been working for over a year, I couldn’t get it to reconnect to wireless. Calls to Honeywell support were useless. It would never go into WIFI SETUP. After reading your post I checked the connection between the WIFI module and the touch pad. As soon as I reassembled and reconnected the WIFI SETUP screen appeared. Thanks for saving me another few hours of frustration.