Register                

Thread: Trane TCONT602AF22MAA

User Info Menu

Trane TCONT602AF22MAA

Let me just preface this by saying that I'm not electrically inclined, so I'm sorry if I use the wrong terms. My issue is that my Trane heat pump is constantly going into "AUX Heat" (only while in heat mode) regardless of how hot/cold it is outside. This has caused an incredible rise in our electric bill during the fall/winter months. The heat pump and the TCONT 602A are both only about two years old. I've noticed that the wiring of the thermostat is a bit complicated, but it also looks like there is a single black wire that is connecting the W1 terminal to the X2 terminal (but does not come from the wall) [picture included]. Could this be causing the heat pump to use AUX heat all the time? Also, how would I disconnect the aux heat leads so that it never kicks in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151004_141627.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	1100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151004_141715.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	1099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151004_141741.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1098  

Administrator

User Info Menu

It may be that the heat pump is not heating properly and thermostat is calling for the aux heat because the heat pump is unable to heat the house. Was the cooling working ok the last time that you used it? You can disconnect the white wire that is connected to the W1 terminal on the thermostat to prevent the thermostat from calling for the aux heat.

User Info Menu

Hi, yes the cooling has been working perfectly without any issues. It's just the heat that constantly gives us issues. I think that I will try to disconnect the white wire and see if that provides any benefit. Thank you for the info.