Honeywell RTH6450D 5-1-1 day programmable thermostat
If you have a question about wiring, installing or trouble shooting the Honeywell RTH6450D programmable thermostat post the question in this thread.
The Honeywell RTH6450D thermostat has one program for the weekdays and a separate program for the weekends with 4 program periods per day.
Below are some of the RTH6450D features:
- One-touch temp control overrides program schedule at any time
- Displays both room temperature and temperature setting
- Built-in compressor protection
- Smart Response Technology: This feature allows the thermostat to learn how long your system will take to reach programmed temperature settings, so the temperature is reached at the time you set.
- Auto Changeover: Use this feature in climates where both air conditioning and heating are used on the same day. When the system mode is in Auto, the thermostat automatically selects heating or cooling depending on the indoor temperature.
- Backlit display allows you to see the settings even at night or in dimly lit rooms
- Low Battery Indicator
The Honeywell RTH6450D is compatible with:
- Single or multistage heating and cooling systems
- Heat pump systems with or without backup heat
- Cooling only systems
- heating only systems
Honeywell RTH6450D Manual
*The Honeywell RTH6450D is provided with a 1 year warranty
*Can be purchased at Home Depot
*Can be purchased from Amazon
I just purchased and installed a RTH6450D and it doesn't give me the option of "auto" when going through the modes, where did I mess up? W is to white y is to yellow r is to red (jumper from r to rc) and g is to blue (same as previous t stat) thanks in advance for your help....
Moderator - HVAC Thermostat Specialist
Please review your quick installation guide. There is an advanced installation section. Change function 12 to 1.
So what happens if there is no function 12?
HVAC Thermostat Specialist
joshuak what model do you have?
From the manual:
NOTE: If Function 12 does not appear, please turn to the next page to continue. This function is only available on the RTH6450.