Register                
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 6 of 9

Thread: Nest and Bryant HVAC

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    User Info Menu

    Nest and Bryant HVAC

    I did a search and couldn't find any previous posts. I spent 90 minutes chatting with Nest tech support. They say the Nest is compatible with my Bryant but I need a professional install.





    I think I have more wires hooked up at the current thermostat than are actually in use. They said the orange wire is for a heat pump, I do not have a heat pump.

    Bryant Plus 80V 315AAV/JAV
    Bryant Two Speed Puron Plus Model 598BN036-A

    Any suggestions?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1212.jpg 
Views:	1615 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	1213

  2. #2
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    If you do not have a heat pump the orange wire is for W2. Looking at your picture you just have a 2 cool 2 heat system.

    R red > Nest RH
    C black > Nest C
    G green > Nest G
    Y1 yellow > Nest Y1
    Y2 blue > Nest Y2
    W1 white > Nest W1
    W2 orange to > Nest W2

  3. #3
    Junior Member

    User Info Menu

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7903.jpg 
Views:	846 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	1411
    I've got a Bryant heat pump with Aux electric heat ... here's the wiring to the existing Bryant thermostat box. There are two extra wires here that are not attached to the thermostat but - at the heat pump end - are wired to a circuit board with the other 4. Can I install a Nest?

  4. #4
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer4me View Post
    I've got a Bryant heat pump with Aux electric heat ... here's the wiring to the existing Bryant thermostat box. There are two extra wires here that are not attached to the thermostat but - at the heat pump end - are wired to a circuit board with the other 4. Can I install a Nest?
    From your picture and wiring it looks like you have a Bryant Evolution thermostat. You most likely could install the Nest thermostat but would loose some of the optimization that the Bryant Evolution thermostat provides. At the indoor air handling unit the wires will need to moved from the ABCD terminals to the R G Y W C terminals.

  5. #5
    Junior Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    From your picture and wiring it looks like you have a Bryant Evolution thermostat. You most likely could install the Nest thermostat but would loose some of the optimization that the Bryant Evolution thermostat provides. At the indoor air handling unit the wires will need to moved from the ABCD terminals to the R G Y W C terminals.
    So thats going from 4 wires to 5... how/where do I draw a 5th wire? I'm installing the Nest because The Evolution doesn't offer anything over the Nest that I can see (e.g. remote access requires a whole circuit board w/ ethernet connection to be added).

  6. #6
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer4me View Post
    So thats going from 4 wires to 5... how/where do I draw a 5th wire? I'm installing the Nest because The Evolution doesn't offer anything over the Nest that I can see (e.g. remote access requires a whole circuit board w/ ethernet connection to be added).
    From your picture in post #3 you have a extra blue and black wire. Have you looked at the control board in your indoor air handling unit and found the the following terminals ABCD terminals and RGYWC terminals? At the indoor air handling unit the wires will need to moved from the ABCD terminals to the R G Y W C terminals. When you are at the indoor air handling unit make sure that you turn the power off before you remove any of the doors. It may be best to have a HVAC technician make these changes for you because you do not want to damage your system that is currently functioning fine. Also working around line voltage can kill you if you do not know what you are doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •