Register                
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nest and Bryant HVAC

User Info Menu

Got it... yes, in the past I've disconnected/pulled the breaker on the indoor air handling unit, removed the access covers to the circuit board and noticed the extra wires on that end. But I will call a qualified tech to do the wire swap because the connections are rather hard to get at.

So the connections at each end "should" go as follows?
    green: old A to new G/G
    yellow: old B to new Y1Y
    white: old C to new W1/W
    red: old D to new RH/R
    black or blue: new C/C

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    From your picture in post #3 you have a extra blue and black wire. Have you looked at the control board in your indoor air handling unit and found the the following terminals ABCD terminals and RGYWC terminals? At the indoor air handling unit the wires will need to moved from the ABCD terminals to the R G Y W C terminals. When you are at the indoor air handling unit make sure that you turn the power off before you remove any of the doors. It may be best to have a HVAC technician make these changes for you because you do not want to damage your system that is currently functioning fine. Also working around line voltage can kill you if you do not know what you are doing.
    Last edited by bimmer4me; 04-17-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer4me View Post
    So the connections at each end "should" go as follows?
    green: old A to new G/G
    yellow: old B to new Y1Y
    white: old C to new W1/W
    red: old D to new RH/R
    black or blue: new C/C
    Correct

User Info Menu

Can anyone tell me what functions I would lose if changing from the Bryant Evolution thermostat to a WiFi Nest thermostat? My system is a Bryant Model 315AAV/JAV, which I believe is a two stage furnace, and a Bryant Model 163A/165A Air Conditioner, which I believe is a single stage AC. The units and thermostat were installed in 2006.
    Last edited by waterloo; 12-08-2018 at 04:28 PM.