Register                

Thread: Ecobee4 with 2 wire install

User Info Menu

Ecobee4 with 2 wire install

Hey everyone,
    I have the ecobee4 with a 2 wire TT boiler setup. I understand that I need to run a C wire in order to power the ecobee4. I have done research and have purchased a PAM-1 and a transformer as suggested. I am trying to follow a wiring diagram specifically for the ecobee4 but do not know what wires to use for what on the PAM-1. I am only a novice electrician and have no clue which wires the T T connect to on the PAM-1 and which wires to run from the PAM-1 to the thermostat. Help!

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nest with Hydrolevel hydrostat 3250.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	1660
    Here is the wiring diagram I am trying to follow

User Info Menu

Blue and orange of the PAM-1 go to the TT boiler terminals. Cap off the yellow and black wires separately so they don't touch anything. Then the PAM-1's white and red are the 24vac relay coils. One connects to the thermostat's W1 connector and the other to C (doesn't matter which). Then the two 24vac wires from the transformer go to the thermostat's C and Rc. FYI: Your should be able to fit two wires in the C terminal. You don't need any wire in the Rh with the Ecobee.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff View Post
    Blue and orange of the PAM-1 go to the TT boiler terminals. Cap off the yellow and black wires separately so they don't touch anything. Then the PAM-1's white and red are the 24vac relay coils. One connects to the thermostat's W1 connector and the other to C (doesn't matter which). Then the two 24vac wires from the transformer go to the thermostat's C and Rc. FYI: Your should be able to fit two wires in the C terminal. You don't need any wire in the Rh with the Ecobee.
    Thank you so much!