Thread: Trane Comfortlink II XL1050

User Info Menu

Trane Comfortlink II XL1050

Hi, I have exhausted all of my available resources trying to answer what seems like should be very simple basic information easily located for the consumer. My dealer, Nexia, and Trane all keep pointing the finger at each other.

I have two questions concerning the symbols and colors that appear on the thermostat main screen:

1) What does the different color in the "graph" for compressor output indicate? I know it's not relative to the output. It only occasionally changes to green.

2) Sometimes heating symbol (in front of the word "heating") will have a "+" in it, what does that indicate?

Between the 3 attached pictures you can see the differences I am questioning.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red comp out.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	1758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	green comp out.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	1759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heat symb.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	1760  
    Last edited by wolfewl; 02-14-2020 at 06:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wolfewl View Post
    Hi, I have exhausted all of my available resources trying to answer what seems like should be very simple basic information easily located for the consumer. My dealer, Nexia, and Trane all keep pointing the finger at each other.

I have two questions concerning the symbols and colors that appear on the thermostat main screen:

1) What does the different color in the "graph" for compressor output indicate? I know it's not relative to the output. It only occasionally changes to green.

2) Sometimes heating symbol (in front of the word "heating") will have a "+" in it, what does that indicate?

Between the 3 attached pictures you can see the differences I am questioning.
    bump

User Info Menu

Sorry but no solution here. What you are asking about is proprietary and not documented so only Trane people can answer. Try going to https://www.hvac-talk.com/ and post that you need answers and the dealer isn't helping. You could leave a Yelp review/post to see if you can get an answer there. Otherwise find another Trane dealer.

Last edited by Stuff; 02-20-2020 at 07:14 AM.