Thread: Quick help for Fan Operation Switch & Heat Cycle Rate setting on Honeywell RTH2410?

User Info Menu

Quick help for Fan Operation Switch & Heat Cycle Rate setting on Honeywell RTH2410?

Hello all!

I just replaced an old T87F with a new digi RTH2410B thermostat. My system is an electric/gas hybrid,
    a Goodman HCA075ND3R 75k BTU, with a electronic ignition w/ relay & VR8204-S8600H control.

When setting up the new thermostat, it has a internal switch for fan operation with 2 selections....
    Gas or Oil systems on one side...........Electric or Heat Pump on the other.
    My system is gas, and I would've put it there that without a thought even though the front end is electric,
    but the manual also says to select Electric/Heat Pump if a fan wire is connected to the G terminal,
    which mine has a green wire on G. So naturally, I'm now confused which side to pick?

Also, on the heat cycle rate settings there is one for gas or oil furnace and one for electric furnace that
    says to use it if you have any kind of electric heating system. I selected gas or oil....just wanting to make
    sure I'm right and the "any kind of electric" didn't include electric/gas hybrids?

Thank you!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Is your system a heat pump with gas heat?

User Info Menu

I do not believe so, but I don't know much about a heat pump. The outdoor unit/fan only comes on with the AC, the heat uses the interior fan in the interior unit. Gas heat is correct though.

Edit: No, it's not a heat pump.
    Last edited by bigE; 08-19-2014 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Looked it up

User Info Menu

In the installation guide, the electric/heat pump setting says it allows the thermostat to control the fan in a call for heat. And the gas or oil setting says the system controls the fan in a call for heat.

The fan has never cycled on until several seconds after pilot ignition and the burners lighting, so I'm assuming that the gas or oil setting would work as the electric setting would immediately cycle the fan on?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Use the gas/oil setting

User Info Menu

Okay, I appreciate it