Thread: Problems registering for web access

User Info Menu

Problems registering for web access

I recently upgraded my thermostat to the iComfort Wi-Fi. I went through the process of entering my email address on the thermostat, so it could send me an email with a link to register. I received the email, but unfortunately the link did not work. It took me to https://fieldtrialconsumer.myicomfort.com/default.aspx?param=cnRyb2xsaW5zQGNvbWNhc3QubmV0 and displayed an error message "Invalid / Inactive Link". When I clicked the OK button, the message went away and left me on that page. From here, I could log in if I had been able to successfully register, but at this point I'm stuck.

I called Lennox support and was transferred to support for this thermostat. The lady simply insisted on walking me through the process of entering my email address on the thermostat again, receiving the email, and clicking on the link. This resulted in exactly the same issues described above. At that point, she instructed me to click through the links on the web page as if I had forgotten my user id and password. When I entered my email address there, I got a message indicating that my email address was not on their system. At this point, she insisted that I had mistyped my email address. I explained that, if I had mistyped it on the thermostat, I would not have received the email, and I careful examined what I had typed on the web site, and it was in fact correct. Then the lady took my name, address, and phone number and said that she would have their "wi-fi expert" in IT call me. That was this morning, and I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

This is not a wi-fi problem. The thermostat is connecting to my network, because it was able to send me the email. The problem is the bad link in the email, and I simply need the correct link in order to complete the registration.

Has anyone else run into this type of problem? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Administrator

User Info Menu

If you have a another email address if may be a good test to see if you have the same issue with a different email address.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thermostat View Post
    If you have a another email address if may be a good test to see if you have the same issue with a different email address.
    If the OP can get this to work it is very easy to change the email address back using the "My Account" link in the web interphase.

User Info Menu

Thank you both for the replies. I hate to ask a dumb question, but what difference would the email address make? I'm not having any problems getting the emails. My problem is that the link doesn't work. Thanks again.

User Info Menu

Have you had any luck getting your account set up? I tried the link Lennox sent me a few months ago and since it has expired all it does now is take me to the log in page.

Have you tried to cut and paste the link into a different browser?