Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Integrating AprilAire 350 Humidifier into Nest 2.0 setup

User Info Menu

Integrating AprilAire 360 Humidifier into Nest 2.0 setup

Hello Everyone,

I currently have a Nest 2.0 installed in my 1913 home, which has a gas-powered hot water boiler system feeding cast iron radiators (for heat), and a Lenox A/C system.

The common wire is fed from the Lenox air handler, so the Nest gets full power. The boiler is much older and runs off a simple switched relay. For reference here is my current nest setup:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.jpg 
Views:	4929 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	941

I have just acquired an AprilAire 360 which is a whole-home dehumidifier that is completely separate from both the Boiler and Central Air system. With some searching I found the threads below, however I am a bit confused as to how I should proceed in connecting the humidifier, since the first isn't quite clear and the second references humidifiers that are integrated into HVAC systems:
    http://www.thermostatforums.com/show...fier-with-nest
    http://www.thermostatforums.com/show...ight=aprilaire

The AprilAire 360 has two yellow humidistat wires that are available, but the diagrams in the previous threads seem to indicate that other wires might be necessary. The wiring diagram for the 360 is as shown here:

Attachment 943

From the previous posts it sounds like I will need a 6AZU2 Fan relay, and I will need to connect the system to the * terminal on the Nest. so with that in mind, can someone help me out with a diagram showing which wires need to be connected where to properly integrate the AprilAire 360 into my system?

Thanks so much for your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	humidifierdiagram.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	942  
    Last edited by Maxwell Smart; 11-19-2014 at 06:13 AM.

User Info Menu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nest W:Powered Humidifier.jpg 
Views:	891 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	944

User Info Menu

Thanks for your response. Just to verify, is this the proper way I should attach the wires?

< Wrong Diagram >
    Last edited by Maxwell Smart; 11-19-2014 at 06:13 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The wires from the Nest thermostat need to connect to the coil of the relay. You have shown the wires from the Nest connected to the contacts of the relay which is not correct.

User Info Menu

Ah, got it, so like this then, thanks!

Wiring for connecting a Nest thermostat to a April Aire humidifier model 350/360

Administrator

User Info Menu

Correct