Thread: Need advice on DIP Switch settings for Carrier Furnace and NEST

User Info Menu

Need advice on DIP Switch settings for Carrier Furnace and NEST

Hi,

I just installed a NEST 2nd Gen on my Carrier Infinity Furnace.

I have everything wired correctly and it appears to be working but I want to make sure it is working correctly.

I looked in the Furnace Manual and I want to make sure I get the DIP switches in the unit set correctly since I am no longer using the Carrier Infinity Thermostat.

It is a 59MN7A furnace

The Manual talks specifically about these settings that I think are applicable.

SW1

SW1-2 - I have it set to ON - To use a two stage thermostat using Min - Max heat
    SW1-3 - I have it set to ON - Since I have an Aprilair 600 Humidifier?
    SW1-4 - I have it set to OFF for Comfort Mode instead of Economy Mode
    SW1-5 - I have it set to OFF for 350 CFM
    SW1-7 - ON, SW1-8 - OFF These two switches like this put the blower off delay to 120 seconds

SW2 - (All Off currently) - This controls cooling air flow. Do these need to be changed?

SW3 - (All Off currently) - This controls continuous fan. Do these need to be changed?

SW4-2 - I have it set to OFF - Turning it ON changes the 2 stage heat to Intermediate / Max instead of Min-Max heat (See SW1-2)
    SW4-3 - I have it set to OFF - For 350 CFM

** For SW4-3 and SW1-5, depending on the config you can set it to 325, 350, 370, or 400 CFM

So I would like to know if I should be making changes specifically to:

Comfort Mode Vs Economy Mode
    Is the blower delay okay or should it be longer or shorter
    Any recommendations about the Staging? Min to Max vs Intermediate to Max
    Any recommendations about the CFM setting?

Thanks,

D.

User Info Menu

do you have the NEST Thermostat working? if so please share your final settings. and also your wiring
    I have gotten a NEST today but need to make changes and am not sure which ones to make.
    THanks,

john

User Info Menu

Any update?

Hi Derek, Similar boat - just installed Carrier 59TN6 (june 2017), Nest controlled. It's a dual-stage heat, w/ AC. Any feedback on this question?

Quote Originally Posted by Dereks View Post
    Hi,

I just installed a NEST 2nd Gen on my Carrier Infinity Furnace.

I have everything wired correctly and it appears to be working but I want to make sure it is working correctly.

I looked in the Furnace Manual and I want to make sure I get the DIP switches in the unit set correctly since I am no longer using the Carrier Infinity Thermostat.

It is a 59MN7A furnace

The Manual talks specifically about these settings that I think are applicable.

SW1

SW1-2 - I have it set to ON - To use a two stage thermostat using Min - Max heat
    SW1-3 - I have it set to ON - Since I have an Aprilair 600 Humidifier?
    SW1-4 - I have it set to OFF for Comfort Mode instead of Economy Mode
    SW1-5 - I have it set to OFF for 350 CFM
    SW1-7 - ON, SW1-8 - OFF These two switches like this put the blower off delay to 120 seconds

SW2 - (All Off currently) - This controls cooling air flow. Do these need to be changed?

SW3 - (All Off currently) - This controls continuous fan. Do these need to be changed?

SW4-2 - I have it set to OFF - Turning it ON changes the 2 stage heat to Intermediate / Max instead of Min-Max heat (See SW1-2)
    SW4-3 - I have it set to OFF - For 350 CFM

** For SW4-3 and SW1-5, depending on the config you can set it to 325, 350, 370, or 400 CFM

So I would like to know if I should be making changes specifically to:

Comfort Mode Vs Economy Mode
    Is the blower delay okay or should it be longer or shorter
    Any recommendations about the Staging? Min to Max vs Intermediate to Max
    Any recommendations about the CFM setting?

Thanks,

D.